The General Data Protective Regulation comes into effect on 25th May 2018, so if your organisation has not already made provision to comply with this new legislation, then this workshop is for you!
This one day intensive workshop is not for the faint hearted, but participants will come away with a good solid knowledge of what the new GDPR legislation is all about and be confident about the steps needed to implement a GDPR strategy for their organisation. An assessment toolkit is also provided as part of the training.
The workshop is fully funded by Cumbria County Council through the CSEP Social Enterprise Support & Networking Programme. The training workshop will cover 3 main areas:
Overview of GDPR
- How GDPR applies to your organisation
- GDPR terminology and background, including the rights of data subjects, the roles of data controllers and processors
- Processing data for marketing purposes
- Dealing with international data transfers, supply chain, third party and cloud services data
- Procedures and policies
- Privacy by design
- An overview of Data Protection Impact Assessments (DPIA)
- The differences between the Data Protection Act and the EU GDPR
Managing a GDPR Project
- Identifying Personal Data with case-studies to help identify what personal data is
- How to carry out a GDPR GAP Analysis
- Privacy Impact/Risk Assessments and how to manage and report a breach/incident
- Developing an Action Plan, including ongoing monitoring and auditing
- Demonstrating compliance with the GDPR
Data Protection by Design
This will include guidance on techniques for data management and security and encryption tools available.
For more information about the workshop and to book a place email email@example.com