Westlakes Science Park, Moor Row, CA24 3JZ
These two FREE events are intended for Cumbrian not for profit organisations who are wanting to recruit new management committee members or individuals who would like to get involved in a community or not for profit organisation, but not sure what’s involved and how you’d go about it.
Wednesday, 15th May @ 10.30am
Are you a charity, social enterprise, community group or CIC? Do you struggle to recruit trustees or board members with the skills your organisation needs? Does your board reflect the community you serve? This event is designed for charities, social enterprises and CIC’s to review their recruitment of trustees and board members to give them the skills needed to lead their organisation. At this event we will cover:
- Understanding the roles of trustees and what skills are needed
- A skills audit
- Reviewing trustee role descriptions
- Developing trustee role descriptions
- How to target and recruit new trustees
Please note tickets are limited to 2 per organisation.
Thursday, 13 June @ 10.30
Would you like to support a local charity or social enterprise as a Trustee or Board Director, but you’re not sure what that entails? This workshop will cover:
- What are Trustee and Board Director roles?
- What responsibilites are you committing to?
- How to you decide which organisation you are best placed to help?
- What support is available if you do volunteer?
- Local volunteer opportunities in West Cumbria for Trustees and Board Members
A networking lunch will be provided at both events.
Both these events are sponsored by the BEP Delivery Team